Friday, January 23, 2009

Pitchfork.tv makes me wanna smoke crack

All in all, I find Pitchfork's venture into internet video pretty entertaining. I like that it's commercial free, I usually enjoy the content, and even its flaws usually aren't glaring or obnoxious. One small bone I have to pick with the site is the usually breathless fanboy interviews (see Justice, Liz Phair, Animal Collective). Not that I feel like these artists need the third degree, but the wide eyed puppy dog interviewers tend to deflate the interview pretty quickly. And then there's this...



From the completely shrugged off show of fraternal physical affection, to his ability to be completely disoriented by a single word answer, Cosmo Lee steals this interview with his black hole of a personality. To Jesse's credit, his comic timing is unflappable. But it's as if his one liners and aphorisms just register a "DOES NOT COMPUTE" in the CPU of Cosmo's humorless android brain. Give this man an original series, or maybe just drop him into Tim Harrington's waste of server space, Beardo.

3 comments: