Thursday, February 12, 2009

feeling gay

Below are four reasons I wouldn't mind making music that people thought was gay.

Two Weeks by Grizzly Bear


I love how tight Grizzly Bear are. I didn't like Yellow House all that much, but I love the Department of Eagles album and the Friend EP. I hope the rest of their new album will be as heartbreaking as this. Ed's voice has really developed.

A Song For Ellie Greenwich


I want my voice to do that, although I think it would hurt, and not really have the desired effect.

Hazel St


I miss dress wearing Bradford, and a little pissed that I missed this performance because I was having brunch. I don't think I've had brunch since.

Strange Powers


I think I might actually like pre 69 Love Songs Stephen Merritt more. Even though it's not as whimsical, I actually think it's less self serious.

I guess Moz should be on the list but Moz wouldn't be gay if he found a female version of himself. And he never really counts anyway. Also, something that doesn't count:



I loved this song, but would always have to turn it off around the family, although I regret not playing it audibly just to see what would happen. But shit, this video is awful. I'm consistently amazed at Broken Social Scene's unflappably earnest stance. When I found out Kevin Drew wasn't gay, I was kind of offended, although I couldn't imagine why or how. This video finally validates that response.

4 comments:

  1. let's be gay together.

    I'll be the sweet girl voice harmonizing in the background while plucking an upright bass or ukulele.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked all of these! You're educating me and you didn't even know it.

    But I totally agree about that last one...Shit, that was a terrible video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, not sure about that video either, but that one dude in the video is way klaus nomi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, not sure about that video either, but that one dude in the video is way klaus nomi

    ReplyDelete