Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine's Day Mix


First, some more Spoon rumination via Cokemachineglow:


I really love that CMG does counterpoint articles, especially when it's about an artist I really love like Destroyer or Spoon.  Alan and Calum make some good points here, but I still think Spoon have their heads up their asses.  But for sure, I'm glad the album is something different (even though that difference highlights what is still unfortunately very much the same).  And also, I don't know Britt (I did meet him once after a show, he was a perfect gentleman) so I'll back off a bit with the personal for now.  Also, sorry for the John Mayer rant, it won't happen again.

Oh, and a mix!
I got Chicago's finest sons The Clams here with an AMAZING new song, some Beach House, my favorite Sea and Cake track and some other songs for a lonely Valentine's Day.  Or maybe even a romantic Valentine's Day, or maybe just for killing time while you're on the internet.  Much luv...

 Hypocrite Valentine  by  nigelharsch

Closer to the Clams-The Clams
Silver Soul-Beach House
Parasol-The Sea and Cake
We Could Walk Together-The Clientele
The Letter-The Box Tops
Sun Was High (So Was I)-Best Coast
Oh How I Miss You-Broadcast
Type Slowly-Pavement
September Gurls-Big Star
Little Dreamer-Future Islands

2 comments:

  1. Oh damn, I wish I saw this post earlier and got to listen to this mix on Vday! I spent Valentine's Day just like the goofy, single girl protagonist of every 90's rom-com--curled up on the couch, eating chocolate, and watching The Princess Diaries 2 on tv, wishing that I was Anne Hathaway and that Chris Pine (aka Captain Kirk in the new Star Trek) was my boyfriend. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, I worked on V-Day and more or less forgot about the whole thing. I walked home from work and noticed the couples and thought "This must be what Jewish people feel like during Christmas." Slightly annoyed but mostly indifferent to the silliness, mixed with a small amount of "Well, good for them anyway."
    I'm really into sweeping romance in music right now so I guess I got my romance quota anyway.
    Now I'm gonna put on some Hex Induction Hour to even things out.

    ReplyDelete